Stop guessing, start testing, and enjoy greater success with your website.
If you’re looking for more leads, sales, and profit from your website, then look
no further than this expert guide to Google’s free A/B and multivariate website
testing tool, Google Website Optimizer. Recognized online marketing guru and New
York Times bestselling author, Bryan Eisenberg, and his chief scientist, John
Quarto-vonTivadar, show you how to test and tune your site to get more visitors
to contact you, buy from you, subscribe to your services, or take profitable
actions on your site. This practical and easy-to-follow reference will help you:
- Develop a testing framework to meet your goals and objectives
- Improve your website and move more of your customers to action
- Select and categorize your products and services with a customer-centric view
- Optimize your landing pages and create copy that sells
- Choose the best test for a given application
- Reap the fullest benefits from your testing experience
- Increase conversions with over 250 testing ideas
- Save $25 on Google AdWords with coupon included in the book
Take the guesswork out of your online marketing efforts. Let Always Be Testing:
The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer show you why you should test, how
to test, and what to test on your site, and ultimately, help you discover what
is best for your site and your bottom line.
From the Back Cover
If you want more leads, sales, and profits from your website, then you need to
test, test, test. Google Website Optimizer is all about testing,
and this book shows you how to use that free tool to discover what is best for
your site and your bottom line. Recognized online marketing guru Bryan Eisenberg
and his chief scientist John Quarto-vonTivadar explain how to test and get more
of your visitors to take the actions you want them to take: contact you, buy
something, subscribe, or otherwise engage with your site.
- Learn to develop a testing framework and establish goals and parameters
- Determine how well your site calls visitors to take action and learn how to
- Discover the best approach for selecting and categorizing products
- Optimize your landing pages and revise your content with copy that sells
- Understand exactly which test works best for a given purpose
- Learn what you need to bring to the testing experience to reap the fullest
- Learn how to design impactful tests in sales, lead generation, B2B, and B2C
- Get over 250 testing ideas based on all the factors that contribute to a
site’s ability to convert online visitors
"I can tell you two things. The first thing is: Testing works. If you’re not
doing it well, you’re missing out. The second? Bryan Eisenberg knows what he’s
talking about. Time to get started, time to start testing."--—Seth Godin,
Author of Meatball Sundae
"Bryan and John have combined years of experience in persuasive marketing with
their deep knowledge of Google Website Optimizer to deliver actionable insights
that will make rock stars out of any marketing team." --—Tom Leung,
Senior Business Product Manager, Google Website Optimizer
"Bryan Eisenberg delivers the What, Why, and How of closing significantly more
online sales." --—Jim Sterne, Founder, Emetrics Summit
"Always Be Testing is by far the most definitive work on the subject of website
testing and optimization ever written."-->—Eric Petersen, Chief Executive
Officer and Principal Consultant, Web Analytics Demystified, Inc.
"With Always Be Testing, the job of testing your marketing is laid out in a
practical fashion that anyone can grasp and do in a way that will practically
guarantee your conversion success and blow away your competition." --—John
Jantsch, Author of Duct Tape Marketing
"Always Be Testing is the essential handbook that gets you testing and keeps you
testing. In this game, the difference between Winners and Losers is that
Winners take the time to figure out which of their ideas stink. Losers don’t.
This book is for everyone who wants to be a Winner!"--—Avinash Kaushik,
Author of Web Analytics: An Hour a Day
"Bryan Eisenberg and John Quarto-vonTivadar take you through not just how to use
Google’s free conversion testing tool, but continually provide both
philosophical reasons and practical tips about why businesses need to test."--—Danny
Sullivan, Editor-In-Chief, SearchEngineLand.com
"Always Be Testing is a very readable and practical guide to landing page
testing from an experienced master practitioner. Pick up a copy before your
competitors do!" --—Tim Ash, Author of Landing Page Optimization: The
Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
"Put this book down now, or you just might double your revenue and give your
customers the website they’ve always wanted."--—Mike Moran, Coauthor of
Search Engine Marketing, Inc., and Author of Do It Wrong Quickly: How the Web
Changes the Old Marketing Rules
About the Author
Bryan Eisenberg is the cofounder of FutureNow, Inc., an interactive
marketing optimization firm and Google Website Optimizer Authorized consultancy.
He is a coauthor of the New York Times bestselling books Call to Action and
Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? He is a sought-after speaker at major business
conferences worldwide, having keynoted events for Search Engine Strategies,
Shop.org, DMA, MarketingSherpa, E-consultancy, and the Canadian Marketing
John Quarto-vonTivadar, having worked on NASA’s Hubble telescope (the working
parts), is chief scientist at FutureNow, Inc., and coinventor of Persuasion
1. Always Be Testing?
2. Playing with the Google Website Optimizer.
3. Understanding the Google Website Optimizer Report.
4. Optimization Works: Examples for Lead Generation and Retail.
5. The Optimization Lifecycle.
6. Always Be Testing in Action: Acceller Case Study.
7. Simple Testing Concepts.
8. Developing a Testing Framework.
9. Establishing Testing Goals and Parameters.
10. Jigsaw Case Study.
Part II. What You Should Test.
11. Understanding What to Test.
Part II B. Planning.
12. WIIFM: What's in it for me?
13. Unique Value Proposition/Campaign Proposition.